What is the My Documents area?
My Documents allows you to see forms that you have created. It is divided into two areas: Submitted and Drafts.
The Submitted area provides a list of documents that you have submitted, including their status in the workflow process. From here you are also able to take a few actions on submitted forms.
The Drafts area houses forms that you have begun but have not yet submitted. You are able to see when the form was created and how much time has elapsed since then. By clicking on the form name, you are also able to make changes, submit, or discard the document.
How do I find the My Documents area of Kuali Build?
You can access your documents from two locations:
- Kuali Build Dashboard: From the Kuali Build Dashboard, click “My Documents” in the top middle of the screen to see forms that you have submitted.
Form My Documents Page: Once a form is submitted you will be taken to the My Documents page. However, if the app administrator has enabled the form settings “Start a new empty form after each submission” or “Show ‘Start new form’ button” on the submission confirmation page,” you will be taken to those respective pages.
- Note: If users do not have permission to create apps, they will not have the ability to see the full Kuali dashboard. They will only be able to see the Submissions area.
What can I see and do with the forms I have submitted?
Once you navigate to the My Documents area, click on the Submitted tab. You will see a list of forms that you have previously submitted along with some additional information:
- Form: The name of the form (app) that you filled out.
- Title: Admins can define a form title in form settings and that title will appear as a column on the submissions page.
- Date Submitted: The date and time you submitted the form.
- Time Elapsed: The time elapsed since the form was submitted.
Status: The status of the document in the workflow process.
- In Progress: The document is still going through the workflow process
- Complete: The document has completed the workflow process and has been approved.
- Denied: The document has completed the workflow process and has been denied.
- Error: The progress of the document through the workflow process has been paused due to an error in the workflow. Reach out to your Kuali Build administrator for additional assistance.
- Withdrawn: You previously withdrew this document, and it is no longer being run through the form’s workflow.
- Withdraw Submission: Removes your form from the workflow process. Once withdrawn you are able to duplicate the submission, make changes to it, and resubmit. (Note: Submissions can only be withdrawn if they are in progress. Approved or Denied forms can no longer be withdrawn.)
Duplicate and Edit: Duplicates your submitted form. You are then able to edit the form and resubmit. Please note, signature gadgets, office use only sections, and gadgets that were hidden due to conditional visibility will not duplicate over.
Additionally, the app administrator may have given you access to view the workflow status of your submitted form (See Workflow Settings for more information on how to configure this). If this is the case you will see the View toggle on the left side of the screen.
With this access, you will be able to see what step your form is on, who is assigned to approve it, and any comments that have been made.
Pro-tip for App Admins: Send a notification to the form submitter immediately after submission with a link to the Submissions page. This will let them know about the page (if they don’t already know), and give them a quick link to access information about their submissions.