Create, Edit, and Publish a Form
1. After Creating a New App, the Form Designer will appear.
2. Click + Add item. The Form Editor with Gadgets will then appear in a pop-up window.
- For Definitions of each gadget, see Form Editor - Gadget Definitions article.
3. Click the Form Gadget that you would like to appear next in your form.
In this screenshot example, the Read-Only Text button has been selected.
4. For all Form Gadgets, click in the Field Label box and type a label for this field that will appear on the form. (Although all Form Editor Gadgets perform different functions, their initial field queries are the same.)
- The Field Preview box will show you how the Field label looks.
- You can then type an answer in the Field Preview to see how an answer renders in this field.
In this next screenshot example,
- I typed "Travel Request Documentation" as the Field Label. Kuali Build automatically generates a field key for each field.
- I don't want this field label to show, so I un-click the "Display on form" checkbox.
- I want my read only text to show, so I type in the Long Label Field.
- I then click Save.
Note: I can choose which information will show in the rendered form by clicking or un-clicking the "Display on form" checkbox available throughout the Form Editor.
5. After you Save, the Form Designer will prompt for another + Add Item.
6. At any time, to preview the rendered form, simply click on the Preview Button on the upper right side of the screen.
7. To return to the Edit View, click the toggle button on the upper right side of the screen back to Edit.
8. Continue to + Add items until you have your entire form rendered. Then, publish your form!
For details, refer to these Kuali Build support articles:
- How Do I Format a Form?
- How Do I Add and Edit Sections?
- How Do I Use the Form Editor Gadgets?
- How Do I Publish an App?