How do I Create a Form?
1. After Creating a New App, the Form Builder will appear with 3 panels.
- The Left Panel has the gadgets with which you create fields on the form.
- The Middle Panel is the form as it appears.
- The Right Panel is the configuration panel.
2. The first thing you will want to add to your form is a Section. Select a Section from the list of gadgets and drag it into the middle panel.
In a Kuali Build form sections act like containers for questions and help us organize our form. You will want to ensure that your gadgets appear inside a section so that they're visible to the user.
3. For all Form Gadgets, including Sections, click in the Field Label box and type a label for this field that will appear on the form. (Although all Form Builder Gadgets perform different functions, their initial field queries are the same.)
- The Field Preview box in the center panel will show you how the Field label looks.
- You can then type an answer in the Field Preview to see how an answer renders in this field.
In this screenshot example, I typed "Travel Request Documentation" as the Field Label.
Note: I can choose which information will show in the rendered form by checking or un-checking the "Show field label on form" checkbox available throughout the Form Builder. You can view this setting by clicking on "Show Advanced Settings."
4. Once you have added your section, select a Form Gadget, and drag it to the desired location in the Middle Panel. Make sure your gadget is placed within a section!
- For Definitions of each gadget, see Form Builder - Gadget Definitions article.
In this screenshot example, the Read-Only Text button has been selected.
5. Continue to add items by dragging and dropping the gadgets into the center panel. Make sure they appear in a Section! The form saves automatically as you go, so no need to worry about saving anything.
6. Once the form is complete, click Workflow in the upper right-hand corner to get to the Workflow Builder or click Publish to publish and share the form.