Overview - What is Groups?
The Groups Service allows institutions to configure their organization's hierarchy to assign users to specific roles within the system. These roles drive multiple features within Kuali Build such as Workflow and Permissions.
Organization Hierarchy: What does that mean?
Ok. You have organizational hierarchies. Who reports to whom. Some people call them parent - child relationships. Often it goes something like this:
- Departmental Offices (child) report to Departments (parent)
- Departments (child) report to Colleges (parent)
- Colleges (child) report to Academic VP Office (parent)
These organization hierarchies run from simple to complex and branch in a myriad of ways. Take a moment to look at some examples of organizational hierarchies HERE.
Who can configure Groups?
Kuali will set up your account with Build System Admins who will be able to configure the Groups Service.
See the following articles for detailed information on using Groups.
- Create and Edit Groups
- Create and Edit Group Categories
- Create and Edit Group Roles
- Configure Category Hierarchy
- What are Organization Hierarchies?