What is a Group?
A Group is a specific instance of an organization within the hierarchy. For example, Department (Blueprint) could include Math (Group) as a specific instance of a department. Other Groups within the Blueprint "Department" might include English, Biology, or Art History.
Groups are commonly used in the Form Builder and when determining routing in Workflow. Only system administrators have the ability to create and edit groups; however, app administrators may use blueprints, groups, and roles in their apps. (See Create and Manage Blueprints)
How do I access Groups?
- Navigate to Kuali People & Groups by clicking on the Kuali Build dropdown at the top left of your Kuali Build dashboard, and select People & Groups.
- From within Kuali Groups click on the Groups tab at the top of the page.
- Sort the groups by title by clicking Group Name.
- By default, groups are sorted in alphabetical order.
- To adjust the number of groups displayed per page, click in the # Per Page dropdown in the bottom right corner.
- By default, 25 groups will be displayed at a time. Users may choose to display up to 50 groups on a single page.
- To navigate between pages, click on the arrows to display previous or subsequent pages.
- Groups can also be accessed by selecting a blueprint on the Blueprints tab and searching for the group in the side panel that appears.
How do I create a Group?
Creating a Group creates a specific instance of a Blueprint (e.g. Math Department).
- Click on the name of the Blueprint in where you want the new group to go.
- Click New Group at the bottom of the side panel that appears
- Enter the Group name.
- Select a parent in the Parent Group dropdown.
- Click Continue
- You can also create a new group from the Groups tab
- Click on the Groups tab at the top of the page
- Select Add Group in the upper right hand corner
- Enter the Group name
- Select the name of the blueprint that the Group should belong to.
- Select the parent group in the Parent Group dropdown.
How do I edit a Group?
- Access a group.
- Edit the group.
- Click on the exit icon to leave the modal.
How do I delete a Group?
- Access a group
- Click Delete Group at the bottom of the screen.
- Note: Deleting a group is permanent and cannot be undone.
You are also able to view your group's hierarchy to view which Blueprint they belong to by toggling on "Show Hierarchy".
For more on adding roles within a group, you can read more here.
Kuali Build, including blueprints, groups, and roles, has the ability to integrate with your institution's system of record. For more information please reach out to your Customer Success Manager (CSM).
Please sign in to leave a comment.