Data can be exported from Kuali Build in one of two ways:
- From the Document List as a CSV file
- From the completed form itself
To export data from one form, you must navigate to the completed form's page.
Exporting Data from the Document List as a CSV file
- To export data from the Document List, navigate to the Document List. (You can find the link to a specific Document List from the app's Publish page.)
- Click on Export All in the upper right corner, which will export a CSV file of all data from submitted documents.
- You also have the option to export specific data from your Current View which includes applied filters, sorting, search queries, and visible columns.
Please note that Currency gadgets will export as the number of cents (not as a $ value) - see more information about this in the Currency Gadget article and formatting options around that.
Also, if fields are removed from a form template in the life of the app the fields will still display as options in the Columns to make visible. Only if you've selected it to be visible in the Columns and chose the 'Current View' will that data for removed fields export in the CSV.
Exporting Data from the Completed Form
- To export data for one form in particular, navigate to the completed form. You can get there easily by clicking on the form in the Document List.
- Click Export on the right side of the page.
- This will allow you to choose if you want to download the document, the workflow history, the workflow comments, or everything. Select which items you want to download by checking the boxes and click Export. A PDF file with the data will be downloaded.
- To save a document as a PDF, see How Do I Export a Document as a PDF?
Please note, depending on what application you use to open the CSV will impact how data is converted into the sheet (i.e. Excel vs Numbers etc.). Be aware that some special characters could be converted to other characters based on your Excel configuration.
Please sign in to leave a comment.