What are Meta Fields?
A Meta Field is a field that is dynamically and automatically generated by Kuali Build. Meaning, information will be captured about the form, the submitter, the date, etc. that are not part of the fields or questions that are asked on the form itself. For example, we may not ask on our form for the date that the form was submitted, but there is no need to do that. Kuali Build stores that information for you.
Meta Fields can be used in the Form Builder, the Workflow Builder, and in the Document List when creating reports. You may see these fields labeled with the term "Meta Data" next to it. Don't be confused. It refers to the same thing.
Here's an example of what the Meta Fields look like in the Document List:
What Meta Fields are available in Kuali Build?
Below is a list of the Metal Fields that are available in Kuali Build.
Note: the Kuali Build team is constantly adding new Meta Fields to the system. We will update this list as we can, but keep in mind, it may not be comprehensive.
- Number: A unique, system-generated number that is assigned to each document. These numbers are assigned in numerical order in which the form was submitted, regardless of which form the user was submitting.
- Submitted At: Lists the date the form was submitted.
- Submitter: Lists the name of the person who submitted the form.
- Workflow Status: Lists the status of the document as it goes through the workflow. Statuses include:
- Complete: Workflow is completed and the document is approved.
- Denied: Workflow is completed and the document is denied.
- In Progress: Workflow is still in progress.
- Error: Denotes an error occurred in the workflow and that the progress of the workflow has been stopped.
- Workflow Total Run Time: Lists the amount of time it took to complete the entire workflow for a particular document.
- Created At: Lists the date the form was started.
- Updated At: Lists the date a document was updated, meaning the answers to the fields on the form itself were adjusted.
- Time on Current Step: Lists the current step where the document is at in the workflow and how long it has been on that step.