Coming Monday December 9, 2019 the Kuali Build team is releasing a series of changes to the Kuali Build user interface (UI). We're excited for these changes and the ease of use they will bring to our Kuali Build Users. See the guide below for more information and screenshots of what to expect.
Kuali Build Dashboard
Kuali Build Dashboard
When you login to Kuali Build you will be on your Dashboard Home page. You will see a series of options and menus across the top of the screen. Each of these options will be discussed later in the article.
In the center panel you will see any apps that you have created or that have been shared with you. You will also see the icon to add (+) a new app. If you have not created any apps or had any shared with you, you will only see the option to add (+) a new app.
Any apps you have created will appear as an icon in the My Apps section. If you have had any apps shared with you, you will see an icon for each app under the Shared with Me section.
When you login to Kuali Build, one of the first things you want to check each day is your Action List (see Action List). From the Action List you will be able to see work items that have been assigned to you and that are incomplete.
To navigate to your Action List, click on "Action List" at the top of the page next to the home button. You may have a red number appear next to "Action List." This number indicates the number of work items you need to complete.
Kuali Build Menu
The Kuali Build Menu is found at the top left of the Dashboard Home.
Clicking on the Build icon will reveal a list of settings and options available to you based on your permissions in Kuali Build. From that dropdown you will see the following:
- Users and Groups icons: used to manage your synced and imported Users and Groups Service entries. See the guides in the Users, Categories, Groups, and Roles section of the Kuali Build Support pages for more information.
- Help: will take you to the Kuali Build Support pages, including the Knowledge Base, where you can access guides and instructions for using Kuali Build.
If you have Kuali Build system administrator permissions, you will also see the following options from the Kuali Build menu:
- System API Integrations (formerly API Integrations): where you can manage all of your integrations.
- System Permissions (formerly Permissions): where you can set administrator and system-wide permissions for Kuali Build.
- History (formerly Audit Log): where you can access an event list of everything that that is happening with your Kuali Build Forms, Documents, and Permissions.
To update or view your personal account information, navigate to the top right corner of the Dashboard and click on your name to reveal the user menu.
From the dropdown click on My Account to edit or view your personal information.
How do I edit my app's name, icon, and color?
When creating a new app, the app's icon and color will be randomly assigned. You may want to change both of those at a later time. To do this go to the Dashboard Home and hover over the app icon that you would like to change.
- Click on the small pencil button that appears in the right corner of your app's icon.
- From the pop-up window that appears, you will be able to adjust the name of the app, the icon associated with the app, and the icon's color.
To navigate to a previously created app, click on the app's icon from the Dashboard Home page. You will then be taken to the app's Document List. (See the Document List guides in our Kuali Build Support Pages for more information).
To return to the Kuali Build Dashboard Home page click on the back button in the top left corner of your screen.
Navigation throughout the App
You are able to navigate to any page within an app from the menu at the top right of the screen.
- Documents will take you to the Document List where you can track all of the documents submitted through this app.
- Form you will navigate to the Form Builder for this app (see the guides in How Do I Create and Edit a Form?).
- Workflow is where you can find this app's Workflow Builder (see the guides in How Do I Create and Edit a Workflow?).
- Publish is where you can publish your app (see How Do I Publish and Share an App?).
Additional options related to your app can be found by clicking on the app name itself at the top left corner of the page:
- Permissions will allow you to edit the permissions for this particular app (see App Permissions).
- Delete App allows you to permanently delete the app.
- Note: Once an app is deleted this action can not be undone.
Please sign in to leave a comment.