What are Kuali User Permissions?
The Kuali User Permissions area allows you to set permissions that give users access to the Kuali Users and Groups area. This is different from permissions that are set at the Kuali Build System Settings and Kuali Build App Permissions levels; although, they do work hand in hand.
How do you configure Kuali User Permissions?
- To configure Kuali User Permissions, navigate to the Kuali Users area by clicking on the Kuali Build logo at the top left of the Kuali Build Dashboard, and then click Users.
- This will take you to the User list where you can add or remove users and change their permissions and other settings. To adjust a user's permissions, search for the user from the search bar at the top of the page.
- Click on the user to navigate to their Account Info. page.
- Click Edit at the bottom of the screen to change the user's permission level.
- Under Role you will notice several different permissions available for you to choose from. Two permissions are relevant to your Kuali Build experience:
- User: This setting allows the user to view a list of other users in the system, update their name and email address, and create their own API keys.
- Admin: An Admin can do everything a User can do, but they can also edit any user's information in the system, create and delete Kuali groups, and be assigned as an administrator in Kuali Build. (Note: If the user is not assigned an administrator at the user level and at the Kuali Build System Settings level, they will not be able to administer Kuali Build.)