How do I Create a Form?
1. After Creating a New App, the Form Builder will appear with 3 panels.
- The Left Panel has the gadgets with which you can create the form.
- The Middle Panel is a preview of the form.
- The Right Panel is the configuration panel.
2. The first thing you will want to add to your form is a Section. Select a Section from the list of gadgets and drag it into the middle panel.
In a Kuali Build form sections act like containers for questions and help you organize your form. You will want to ensure that your gadgets appear inside a section so that they're visible to the user.
3. For all Form Gadgets, including Sections, click into the Gadget Label/Question box in the configuration panel. Type a label for this gadget that will appear on the form. (Although Form Builder Gadgets perform different functions, their initial settings are the same.)
- The Form Preview box in the center panel will show you how the Gadget Label/Question looks.
- You can then type an answer in the Field Preview to see how an answer renders in this field.
In this screenshot example, I typed "Travel Request Documentation" as the Gadget Label/Question.
4. Once you have added your section, select a Gadget, and drag it to the desired location in the Middle Panel. Make sure your gadget is placed within a section!
- For Definitions of each field, see Form Builder - Gadget Definitions article.
In this screenshot example, the Read-Only Text gadget has been selected.
5. Continue to add items by dragging and dropping the gadgets into the center panel. Make sure they appear in a Section! The form saves automatically as you go, so no need to worry about saving anything.
6. Once the form is complete, click Workflow in the upper right-hand corner to get to the Workflow Builder or click Publish to publish and share the form.