How do I Create a Form?
1. After Creating a New App, the Form Builder will appear with 3 panels.
- The Left Panel has the gadgets with which you can create the form.
- The Middle Panel is a preview of the form.
- The Right Panel is the configuration panel.
2. The first thing you will want to add to your form is a Section. Select a Section from the list of gadgets and drag it into the middle panel.
In a Kuali Build form sections act like containers for questions and help you organize your form. You will want to ensure that your gadgets appear inside a section so that they're visible to the user.
3. For all Form Gadgets, including Sections, click into the Gadget Label/Question box in the configuration panel. Type a label for this gadget that will appear on the form. (Although Form Builder Gadgets perform different functions, their initial settings are the same.)
- The Form Preview box in the center panel will show you how the Gadget Label/Question looks.
- You can then type an answer in the Field Preview to see how an answer renders in this field.
In this screenshot example, I typed "Travel Request Documentation" as the Gadget Label/Question.
4. Once you have added your section, select a Gadget, and drag it to the desired location in the Middle Panel. Make sure your gadget is placed within a section!
- For Definitions of each field, see Form Builder - Gadget Definitions article.
In this screenshot example, the Read-Only Text gadget has been selected.
5. Continue to add items by dragging and dropping the gadgets into the center panel. Make sure they appear in a Section! The form saves automatically as you go, so no need to worry about saving anything.
6. Preview your form by moving the toggle switch just above the middle panel from Design to Preview. Once in Preview mode you will be able to see the form as your submitters will see it. You can also test your fields by beginning to fill out the form to ensure you have the right configurations and gadgets in place.
7. Once the form is complete, click Workflow in the upper right-hand corner to get to the Workflow Builder or click Publish to publish and share the form.