What type of license do you need to access to spaces?
Spaces are part of the enterprise license for Build. Only customers with an enterprise license will have access to create spaces, however, all customers will have access to the Home space.
How do I get into spaces? Admins can select the menu icon next to the logo on the Build dashboard. Once there, if they have access to spaces they will see a "Spaces & Settings" option.
What is a Space? A Space is a way to group together the applications for a particular department or group. You can create settings around those applications.
Why would I want to create a space? IT administrators might want to allow the different departments at their institution to manage the settings for their own applications. Creating a Space allows them to distribute the management of everything within that space to somebody else.
Who can access spaces? Admins will only be able to access their spaces if they are a Space Administrator for one of the spaces. Kuali System admins will add the first space administrators to the Home space.
What settings will be available in Spaces?
- Branding Admins will now be able to define the branding for each individual space as well as the home space. (see more here on Branding)
- System API Integrations Admins are able to define API integrations for each individual space as well as the home space.
- System Permissions System permissions can be configurable in the home space/
What can I configure in a space?
- Add a user as an administrator in a space Select a user in the "Space Administrators" multi-select. Those users will now have access to configure this space. Space Administrators can manage the permissions, integrations, and branding for this space and all of its children spaces.
- Add members to a space Select a group or a role in the "Space Members" section. All of the users in this space or role will now have access to see all the apps in this space.
- Change the branding for my space Select the "Branding" tab at the top of your space. Add a color, max height, logo and logo alt text for the form branding and email branding. This branding will be used for all the apps in this space.
- Allow child spaces to customize branding for their space Select this checkbox to allow child spaces to customize their own branding. If this checkbox is not selected, the child spaces will automatically inherit the branding from their parent space.
- Add integration to my space Select the 'Integrations' tab at the top of your space. Select 'create integration' and follow the steps in this documentation.
- See the apps in my space Select the 'Apps' tab at the top of your space.
- Move an app in my space to a different space Select the apps that you want to move and then select 'move selected'. Then select the space you would like to move your app to.
Can I add a Space within a space?
Yes. you can add as many spaces within spaces as you would like.
How do spaces affect non-admins?
The My Apps and Shared with me sections will be combined into a Home section. This will affect all customers including customers without an enterprise license.
Will spaces affect customers that don't have an enterprise license?
Yes. All customers will have access to the home space. They will not have access to create additional spaces. Admins will now configure branding, system API integrations, and system permissions at the home space.
Please sign in to leave a comment.